BC/Yukon Veteran’s Transition programs
The Veterans Transition Program is the only program of its kind in Canada, where former service personnel can receive support for trauma-related stress, career transitions and family relationships. It is a group-based opportunity—offered free-of-charge—to former members of the Canadian Forces & RCMP. For more information, visit http://www.legionbcyukon.ca/content/veterans-transition-programs.
Program objectives to successfully transition from military to civilian life:
- Provide a professionally facilitated, confidential environment that will enable participants to understand the impact their experiences have had on their lives
- Offer group-based learning experiences focused on communication & coping skills
- Teach coping skills for dealing with trauma and to reverse cultural shock
- Encourage peer interaction
- Provide tools & techniques to process past events, optimize career transition and enhance family & social interactions
- Format: 4-three hour Friday night sessions + 4-full Saturday sessions
- Each group consists of 7-10 participants, two or more professional facilitators and two peer support workers
Ways and Means
This program is responsible for:
Saturday BINGO, all Legion MEAT DRAWS & 50/50 Draws
2 things that you can help us with:
Feedback – Positive as well as negative please.
Volunteers – We are as always in need of Volunteers to call Bingo and/or run a meat Draw. Both jobs only take a couple of your hours per month – Remember without volunteers many of our programs would be lost.