We have installed a new sign and did some painting to Brighten up our location
Resize Website Text
- JUNE 2020 CALENDAR
- NOTICE TO ALL BRANCH #133 MEMBERS We are in the process of preparing the branch for re-opening on Tuesday June 2, 2020. This is Phase one of our opening. Our Branch hours have changed and moving forward will be open Tuesday to Saturday 12:00pm to 7:00pm. Under Phase two we will look at extending hours and activities as permitted by government recommendations. Please may sure when you are attending branch you follow the appropriate social distancing measure we have in place. By following Safety Protocols established by the Province we have put measures in place to ensure your safety. We now have designated entrance and exit door, we have installed a Plexi Glass divided at the bar to protect our employees, we no longer are permitting seating at the bar, additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed as well as floor direction markers. Placement of tables are 2M apart as well are limited to a max. of 6 people. You will now be required to sign in your group with the bartender upon arrival to the branch. We have also limited our seating capacity to ensure the distancing of members visiting the branch. We will be holding Meat Draws starting Friday, June 5 and then every Tuesday, Friday and Saturdays moving forward. Saturday afternoon Bingo will resume as of June 6, 2020. All other activities will remained cancelled until Phase 2 of our opening. Please Join us Tuesday June 2 to celebrate our re-opening. Any questions or concerns can be answering by calling our office at 604-942-8911 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Today is Vimy Ridge Day, marking the 103rd anniversary of the battle. Of the roughly 100,000 Canadians who served at Vimy, more than 10,600 were casualties including almost 3,600 who lost their lives. Due to COVID-19, on-site commemorative ceremonies across the country have been cancelled. Take time today to remember this historic engagement where the four Canadian divisions came together for the first time to fight united. Let us pause and remember their service and sacrifice. We will remember them #VimyRidgeDay
- The Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 133 is making Bursaries available to Tri-City High School graduating students. Bursaries will be awarded to qualified applicants through the Legion Poppy Fund and are available to the children or grandchildren of Veterans and ex-service personnel. Students without a Legion or Military affiliation are also eligible to apply for Bursaries that are available through the organizations Educational Fund. Awards are based on financial need and good grades and applicant’s total family income cannot exceed $ 70,000 annually. This information is confidential and completed at the Branch interview. How to find proof of Military Service will be supplied with applications directed to the Poppy Fund. This will help students to “shake the family tree” so to speak. Applications are available through High School counselors or from the Legion office at either 604-942-8911 or email@example.com. The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, June 1, 2020
- Hope all our Members are Staying Safe. Remember to practice Social Distancing and Stay Home. Together we can get through this.
- Contact – As the branch is closed for the time being, if you need to get in touch with us please send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 604-942-8911. Both are being checked daily Monday to Friday.
- **CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE** Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 133 will be closed until further notice. In compliance with the Health Minster order and concerns regarding the current health crisis we felt this was best in order to keep our members, guests, residents and staff safe. We will reassess this decision at a later date and provide updates via Facebook and our website. Thank you for your continued support and patronage.
- Room Rental on